Pages

January 19, 2010

Reflections

Reflections

I looked in a mirror and didn't see my own reflection...
No, not a trick of light or some transformation to vampirism,
but the person staring back at me was, strangely, not familiar.

I heard my voice and was sure it wasn't mine.
Now I can't claim ownership of words,
but the tone, pitch, pace seemed somehow different.

What happens when you no longer recognize yourself?
when the person you've become is not something you'd want to be?
What happens when what you thought you knew
is somehow,
not familiar, not an opinion you could hold?

What is this thing called self?
Does it even really exist or are we just some trick of light,
some reflection in reality that we thought was real?

What if these questions could never be answered definitively?
Should we even bother asking?

January 19, 2010

No comments: