Skip to main content

The 4 Stooges


Greetings.
My name is Jean Phillipe Gillespie Nate the III.
And while I am one of three:
my grandfather from a land so far away
and my father who looked a lot like me
let me endeavor to showcase to you
my ruminations, extrapolations, expostulations, affirmations, enunciations, and articulations
on why it was 4 wise men who set out to see what was hanging out
under that big ol' star.
"O' beautiful star of Bethlehem"

Cause you see my gift neither glittered like gold,
or fragrated like frankincense,
or was as malodorous as myrrh.
My gift was fresh spring water,
that rolled down Mt. Ararat
over gold flecked granite
and watered the Burseracae Tree
but dried up before reaching Commiphora Myrrah.
My water is what made all this possible,
and I was giving it to you.

And during the walk, I lost track of what was yours and mine, and drank yours.  
So I had to go back...and they kept on.
This old wise fool is always late.  
And I might've had some questions I was going to ask had I made it to the church
on time,
Cause, you see, I'm the inquisitive sort
and don't see myself getting fingers jammed in eyes,
hit below the belt
or  my nose tweaked because
I'm .Jean Phillipe Gillespie Nate the III and when Larry, Curly and Moe reached you first,
they gave their gifts and didn't really understand that the greatest gift is life itself,
and I'd want to know exactly what you were thinking.

This shit, this life, is crazy....
For all we know we're here all by ourselves
and there is no one in charge,
minding the store,
behind the steering wheel.
This thing called life is some sick sort of runaway mule heading for that cliff.

No...if you'll forgive me for my protestations but emancipation ain't all its cracked up to be.  
Why Larry, Curly, and Moe just want to keep everyone laughing,  
I want them laughing too but I want them laughing because they know.
This shit, this life, is crazy....
and its scary and its a bit jacked up
But the alternative?  
The alternative to life is....
The alternative to life is....

So, if you'll forgive me, I really, really, want to know what exactly were you thinking?
Were you bored?
Or perhaps, you don't have any answers either...
now chew on that one for a bit.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Peregrinating the Albuquerque Bosque

  The Map. Overview: Starting in the San Juans in Colorado, the Rio Grande "is the twenty-second longest river in the world and the fourth or fifth longest in North America" ( Texas State Historical Society ).  While the river is characterized by the area it flows through, the river from Elephant Butte Dam to the south to Cochiti Dam in the north is called the Middle Rio Grande.  And in the middle of the middle Rio Grande is the roughly 20 plus miles that flows through Albuquerque.  From an airplane, the Rio Grande is a brown ribbon bordered a green ribbon.  That green ribbon is the Bosque .  I've always been fascinated really exploring an area, getting a sort of overview of an area then drilling down to really get it.  It's led to me hiking the Sandias from end to end and then hiking outlying trails multiple times, biking all the trails in the Cedro Peak area because someone put them on a map, trying different routes to get to ...

Peregrinating the Albuquerque Bosque-the Autumnal Equinox edition

Overview:   In June, around the Summer Solstice, my wife, my dog, and I set out to hike the Albuquerque Bosque from end to end over two days .  It was well over a hundred degrees and after starting later than expected we didn't make it as far the first day as we hoped.  But we did make it. Now, three months later, around the Autumnal Equinox, we set out to do it again.  Our route was slightly different and, with the weather being a lot more pleasant, broke the day into a thirteen mile day and a five mile day:  eighteen total miles from Valle de Oro National Wildlife Refuge to the Alameda Bridge right on the border between Albuquerque and Corrales. The things we wanted to do differently this time were pretty straightforward:  1) don't get lost at the south terminus and get into the bosque sooner, and 2) walk even more on the westside.  So, the route was a follows:  we'd walk on the east side from Valle de Oro to the Rio Bravo Bridge, cro...

Generating Poetry the John Cage Way

In it's simplest form, the Haiku is explained as a 3 line poem with the first line being 5 syllables, the second line being 7 syllables, and the third line being 5 syllables, or, even simpler, a 17 syllable poem. There is lots of discussion about whether just having the right amount of syllables makes it a haiku, and I'm not going to come down on whether what is going to follow is really creating haiku or not because I'm not trying to create intentional haiku. No, I'm trying to create random haiku but limiting it to 3 words. There are approximately 9,500 (5) syllable words, and 850 (7) syllable words in the English Language.  Knowing that, it is possible to create 76,712,500,000 unique haiku. If you want to see how this works click the below link. 3 Word Haikus From there, I can open the spreadsheet and make it editable.  On the top of column B (the blacked out column) I have my formula for randomizing.  From there I can sort the data and it will popula...