Pages

January 1, 2010

Day 2

Forty four years ago my father worked for the Rio Grande Valley gas company. He was in charge of internal communcation and thus wrote the company newsletter, memos from the administrative staff, etc. From what he tells me, Rio Grande Valley gas company was publicly held and had a lot of assets. So about a year after I was born the gas company was bought and it was not bought by the company that the administrative staff wanted (and by extension my father). So, from what I understand, Dad was out another job and my family was moving. But first Brownsville.

Brownsville, Texas is on the southernmost tip of Texas. A border town, it is a major crossing into Mexico, via Matamoros. At the border there is a couple of different crossings, both flanking the University of Texas at Brownsville/Texas Southmost College.

No comments: